If standard flash images aren't quite getting you to the tattoo design you've been thinking of, you may want to consider designing your own. For those who are artistically inclined, this may be easy to do, but if you need a little assistance, there is help available on the Internet.
Tattoo Design Websites
Whether you have an idea in mind that needs fine tuning, or you need assistance from start to finish, numerous design sites can help you put together the elements for your ideal tat. When you finish designing your new tattoo online, make sure you print out both the black and white line drawing and the color image. Both will help convey the design correctly to your tattoo artist so the finished work comes out just like you imagined.
If you have an idea of what you want, but don't know how to go about designing it, consider a site that provides custom work based on an idea. Some sites offer up to 10 custom designs based solely on your suggested concept. These sites include, but are not limited to,:
- Tattoo Design: The Tattoo Design website offers a variety of ways to design a tattoo, including the option of having a custom design created. To get started, you'll need to give a general description of your design idea along with placement information. A tattoo design artist will provide advice and feedback, then come up with a custom design. Pricing varies by complexity.
If a basic stock image might work for you, but it needs tweaking or customization to make it work, some sites offer the option to choose from among thousands of images to be the base of your tattoo. You can begin by selecting the central image(s) of the design, then layer, flip, size, crop and combine your choice(s) into a custom design. Popular sites include:
- Free Tattoo Creator: If you have a good idea of what you want and simply need a way to put your ideas together to show them to your tattoo artist, Free Tattoo Creator is a good option. Visit the site to build your tattoo from scratch by clicking the Tattoo Generator. You will open to a blank work space. Start by creating lettering or uploading your background image. Tweak your artwork from there until you get it perfect.
- Flaming Text: If you have a flash image that you want to manipulate, Flaming Text creator can help you. Not only can you manipulate wording for your tattoo, but you can also upload images, create backgrounds and even create a logo. This will allow you to create a completely customized piece.
Many tattoos are made up solely of text. Others contain an image with text added beneath, around, or even through it. The following online sources offer the best fonts available for your tattoo:
- Tattoo Lettering: Visit Tattoo Lettering to see how the lettering you want will look in different fonts, sizes and colors. Simply select a font that you're interested in from the list, enter your text, select a size and choose a color from a drop down box. Make adjustments until you find a look that you love. Once you've settled on lettering options, create a printout to take to your artist.
- Tattoo Font Maker: If you want an unusual lettering style to go with your custom tattoo design, consider visiting Tattoo Font Maker. Not only can you modify the text size and fonts, but you can also add clip art. This site features quotes and images as well.
Of course, they have an app for that. If you are looking to create the best tattoo under the sun, then try downloading a tattoo creator app on your phone or tablet. This can help you to create a tattoo on the fly or try different ideas on for size.
- Virtual Tattoo Maker - Ink Art: If you have an Apple device, check out Virtual Tattoo Maker. This app will allow you to upload images of your body and add tattoos pain free. Not only do they have 90 pre-loaded designs and 40 plus different fonts, you can add it to your body and take it for a virtual test drive before getting the real deal.
- Tattoo Maker App: Android lovers, don't despair, because there is an app for you too. Tattoo Maker App offers you hundreds of pre-loaded designs and fonts. Much like the Apple version, you can upload images of your body to add it to your skin and modify.
Online Tattoo Placement Assistance
If you've designed the tattoo of your dreams, but aren't sure about placement, head over to Make Sweet. Upload your tattoo design, then test it out on an electronic model's body. Place it anywhere on the body to see the placement before you commit. You can also upload a photo of your body to see how the tattoo will look on your personal curves.
Design Custom Temporary Tattoos Online
Tattoo design software isn't limited to permanent tattoos. Temporary tattoos can also be designed online. A temporary tattoo gives you the option of testing out a new design before you get inked. Check out these sites that specialize in temporary tats:
- Sticky You: Another option for creating your own temporary tattoos is Sticky You. Simply click on create then temp tattoos. You can then pick your own specific page design whether you just want one tattoo or a whole page. The creator lets you create a totally custom design from the ground up. It ships as soon as the next business day.
Design Your Own Tattoo
Designing your own tattoo can be a fun experience. If you're ready to create a tat that's uniquely yours, check out any of these resources to commission a design or flip through some image banks to get started on your new tattoo as soon as possible.