While many celebrities have tattoos, Pink's tattoos are among some of the most interesting and numerous.
Who Is Pink?Pink was born Alecia Moore on September 8, 1979 in Doyleston, Pennsylvania. When Pink was just a little girl, she decided that she was going to be a rock star, and she spent most of her childhood and teenage years practicing singing. She was in several high school bands, and she eventually became a backup singer for many artists at LaFace records.
In 2000, Pink released her first solo album, Can't Take Me Home; this R&B record was produced by Babyface. Pink states she wasn't happy with this style or image (pink hair), and she was happy when her next album featured the pop rock style she enjoyed.Pink's follow up CDs have been hits and include Try This, I'm Not Dead, Funhouse and Lowdown Unauthorized among others.
Pink's Tattoos DescribedPink is known to have at least 22 cool tats, but the exact number is unknown. She has many different styles and sizes of tattoos, and has not chosen to stick to one theme or particular tattoo style. Pink also shows no signs of stopping, and has been quoted as saying she definitely plans on getting more tattoos.
In fact, Pink has said that there's only one tattoo she won't get - and that's a tat of her husband Carey Hart's name. He has many tattoos as well, and many of Pink's name - but she feels that getting a tattoo of her husband's name is not her thing.
Pink's Long List of TatsStarting from the top down, here is what is known to be just a partial list of Pink's tattoos:
- A tribal musical note behind her left ear
- A bar code reading "1 9879-11299-1 3" on the back of her neck
- On her left shoulder, a guardian angel
- On her left arm: a portrait of her dog Elvis, the words "Sir Corky Moore" and a date, a broken heart on the inside of her left elbow
- A razor blade on her left wrist (inside)
- A red star on her left hand
- On her right wrist: the words "What Goes Around Comes Around", and the words "True Love"
- A symbol for love and a red heart on her lower stomach
- On her left leg: dragon on her thigh, the words "Mr. Pink" on her inner thigh, a Japanese symbol for good luck on ankle
- A Japanese symbol for happiness, a frog and two other unknown symbols on her left foot
- On her left and right big toes: a red heart on each
- Dog tags representing her brother and dad on her right ankle
- A Chinese symbol representing infinity above her right ankle
Of course it is believed there may be more ink on Pink's body, but these are the tats that are confirmed.
Emulating PinkMany people choose to emulate celebrities when they get their tattoos, and since Pink's are so numerous, there are plenty to choose from. There are a few things to remember if you are planning to get the extensive amount of work that Pink has gotten:
- Designing your own tattoos, the way Pink has for some of hers, will always make the tattoo more special. Copying the tattoos of another person image for image may lessen the effect, as well as being less important to you later.
- If you want to have many tattoos like Pink does, you may want to choose a theme or style that you will consistently work within. This can help your tattoos look more cohesive.
- Remember, tattoos are forever. While removal is possible, it is painful and expensive. Make sure the symbolism of your tattoos is something you'll want to carry with you throughout your lifetime.